Thursday, April 7, 2016

shut up, drunk

Hna Schomburg and Hna Molina

i think probably my favorite thing about having a latina companion is the language barrier because it just

is so fun

i  mean, sometimes it's really frustrating, but i'm at a point now that it doesnt frustrate me so much and it's more just all learning and teaching and i really especially like the language barrier when funny things happen

for example

the other day we were walking along and a drunk man started yelling things at us and so we ignored him and he just kept yelling and yelling until we were around the corner, and Hna Molina, who knows quite a bit of english, a little bit later asked me

'tendría sentido decir (would it make sense to say), 'shut up, drunk'' and then i laughed for a long time and told her it makes sense but it would be a little harsh but just

oh man

i didnt tell that story very well but it was HILARIOUS let me just tell you

BUT ANYWAY

so 

let me tell you a story about my sector

once upon a time i was in a sector that was SO LARGE and that had SO MANY THINGS in it

like La Moneda, Cerro Santa Lucia, Plaza de Armas, el Teatro Municipal de Santiago, also the Registro Civil which is a big deal, also like 6 metro stations actually, i think i mentioned a number that was lower last time but i was mistaken, but anyway, MY SECTOR IS HUGE AND I HAS A LOT OF STUFF. And it is SO FUN i love it so much

and

i

love

hermana

molina

she is my Mexican twin. 

Basically, we've had AN AMAZING WEEK. We have done TONS of things and I have met TONS of people, but seeing as we had general conference, i havent met all of the ward yet. But the people that i have met i already love as well as the people i havent met because i just have a lot of love in my heart right now and i just LOVE EVERYTHING. 

We had our first district class this week and it was awesome; i'm excited to get to know a new zone as well. I was always afraid before to get to know Zone Huelén and i dont really know why but i've gotten over it now because it's AWESOME here and just

I JUST LOVE THE MISSION

IT'S HARD AND IT'S TIRING AND USUALLY YOU DO EMBARRASSING THINGS ON A DAILY BASIS BUT 

I

LOVE

IT

SO

MUCH

and that's all there is to it.

Also

let's talk about general conference for a second

holy cannoli general conference was probably the BEST THING that has happened to me in a long time and if you didnt get a chance to watch it, FIND A CHANCE TO WATCH IT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO WATCH IT

I loved loved LOVED everything that they talked about, especially that we need to remember who we are. That meaning, that our first identity is as a child of God, and after that comes the rest. We really need to start prioritizing our lives, putting the things that matter most at the top and doing them because we are not just preparing ourselves for our entire lives to die; we are preparing to meet our Father in Heaven again and we cannot wait to start. 

I dont have a lot of time today, but I want to encourage you all to watch the conference if you didnt, and if you did, watch it again! We have a living prophet and I testify of him and of the truth of his words; I testify of this church, it is the only true church on the earth today and it is the restored church of Jesus Christ; he is at the head of this church and leads and guides us. I love the gospel! I love my Savior! and I love all of you too :) and that is my testimony this week in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK I WILL TRY TO SEND SOME LETTERS OUT TO THE HOMELAND SOON I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLL 

CCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment