Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Do you read the scriptures?

Panqueques - Chilean pancakes

What did I even do this week?

I feel like I start every week this way, hahaha, but seriously, this week has been so long and so short and so stuffed and so crazy I feel. Or maybe every week is like that... 

who knows

all I know is that this week we did a lot of things and found a lot of people and it has been a lot of work and I have been loving and enjoying the mission and just everything and the people and the area and just

Chile

do I ever talk about how much i love Chile?

Because 

i

love

chile

and I love Chileans and I love their food and their language and their culture and all the dogs in the streets even if they try to bite me half the time and i love the feria and the almacens and the gates and permiso and empanadas and humitas and just everything

I LOVE CHILE SO MUCH

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE

VIVA CHILEEEEEEEEE

that's how i feel

what else can i tell you, hahaha, this is a lame email sorry...

well, cambios are coming up (this coming Monday) and we dont know what's going to happen but it is likely that there is some sort of change in our companionship and if not in our companionship, in the other one. But it's pretty likely that actually a lot of us will change. Actually who knows what am i saying i dont know anything WHO KNOWS WE'LL FIND OUT LATER and you'll all know next week when I write again

so also this week i completed a year in the mission

what

what

what

what

what

literally this is so weird it cannot have been an entire year that i've been here

everybody was like 'YOU HAVE TO BURN A SKIRT FOR YOUR ONE YEAR'

and i was like

heck no i need my skirts i've still got 6 months fools

so i celebrated doing good old missionary work the whole day in a skirt that i still have because i didnt burn anything or do anything except be a missionary because that's what i'm here to do and that's what i love to do :) 

I LOVE THE MISSION

Seriously, there is nothing else that makes me as happy as the oportunidad 

that is spanish

the opportunity to bear my testimony without shame to all the people that i come in contact with. I love bearing my testimony. It is one of the things that strengthens it more than anything else. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ! I testify of him and of his sacred atonement for us! I testify of the truth of the Book of Mormon! I testify that we have a living prophet! I testify that this church is true and I do it with all my heart! I love the gospel; I love the mission; I love Chile; I love my Savior. 

I was thinking again about the Atonement and repentance this morning as I read in Mosiah about how all the people got baptized in the waters of Mormon and i started to think

these people were following the example of Christ without him even having shown up yet. They were acting on so much faith from only the words of the prophets. And that gave me two more thoughts

1) how important then are the words of the prophets! THEY ARE TRUE THESE THINGS ARE REAL THIS IS NOT A JOKE

2) how infinite is the example and atonement of the Savior. It is and was infinite enough to save everybody that came before Christ and now all of us that have come after. What a sacred and amazing privilege we have to use such a tool! 

And more than that, what a sacred and amazing privilege we have to share such a tool! We have been commanded by the prophets and the Lord himself to share the gospel; share this happiness and joy that we have. How selfish we would be if we didnt? We are all in this together as a human race, trying to get back to our father in heaven. We cant afford to lose any time or lose any brother or sister. So share the gospel! Dont be ashamed of the gospel that you love! Bear testimony with power and tell the people what this is all about! Tell your friends, your family, your neighbors; you always always ALWAYS have a reason to talk with people, and it's the gospel! Dont miss a single opportunity, a single prompting from the holy ghost. The Lord is hastening his work and we are ALL a part of it, not just the missionaries. 

And if you think you are not included in this ALL, let me ask you a question.

Do you read the scriptures? 

[Click here to receive a free copy of the Book of Mormon or Click here to receive a free copy of the Holy Bible - King James Version.]

(warning, Abinadi moment coming up)

If you answered yes to that, then you don't understand them, because they surely testify of Christ and they surely command us to share the gospel. This is the work of every single member of the church, PUNTO. 

I have a testimony of missionary work. It is hard. But it is so worth it.

This is my testimony and I leave it with you in the sacred name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, amen. 

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT SEMANA AND HAPPINESS AND ALL THAT STUFF SORRY YOU HAD A TIME CHANGE HAHAHAHAHA #chilelalleva

love you all <3 <3 <3 <3

besitos

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-Hermana Schomburg


No comments:

Post a Comment