Tuesday, February 23, 2016

En la Valle del Rechazo

Hermana Ferrin and Hermana Schomburg


this week though

let me tell you a story about this week

this week

if i had to name this week i think i would name it something like

En la Valle del Rechazo (In the Valley of Rejection) 

because that's how this week has been

lots and lots of rechazo

and lots lots more rechazo

this week has been

just

so

much

RECHAZO

let me just tell you because really and truly

holy cannoli

we have worked so SO hard and diligently this week, but for some reason, the people in our sector just really are not receptive to the message

i dont know what it means

and i dont know why

because in contrast to what we had of a week, the sisters from the other side had BILLIONS of lessons and found BILLIONS of new people

and that really had me wondering

what the heck we were doing wrong

if i was doing something wrong

if we were being disobedient or something

and of course everybody makes mistakes, but i was somewhat sure that that wasn't why we were having so much rejection

and still i'm not 100% sure

probably God is just still trying to teach me patience

but anyway, yesterday we had intercambios and we had one lesson programmed, but it didnt work out, so, we spent about 3 hours contacting. The entire intercambio basically. We contacted about 30 people and of those 30

we got about 3 appointments

and about 3 enemies as well hahaha

but anyway, so then before we left after our dinner hour, i felt strongly that we needed to go to Challaco, but I feel that way a lot and i thought that it was just a want to go to Challaco (oh yeah, that's a part of our sector that is farther away from the rest and we have to cross the highway and stuff and a river and yeah but anyway) because I love Challaco and always want to go to Challaco, but then I was like

you know what

we don't have citas [appontments]

and I want to go to Challaco 

let's go to Challaco!

so Hna Ferrin (it's so fun to have intercambios i CANT EVEN TELL YOU) and I went to Challaco! AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON WE TALKED TO NOT ONLY OPENED THE DOOR BUT INVITED US TO GO BACK AND WE HAD TWO UNPLANNED LESSONS AND FOUND 4 NEW PEOPLE TO TEACH AND THEN I WAS LIKE

THE LORD

THE LORD WAS TELLING ME THE WHOLE TIME

HE WAS LIKE 'GET YOUR BUTT TO CHALLACO' AND I WAS LIKE

'NO'

AND SO THEN NOW FINALLY

I JUST

I WANTED TO SERVE THE LORD AND SO HE WANTED ME TO GO TO CHALLACO AND SO I WANTED TO GO TO CHALLACO BUT I DIDNT CONNECT IT ALL TOGETHER BECAUSE I'M A SILLY SLOW HEAD

BUT ANYWAY SO WE WENT TO CHALLACO AND HAD ALL THESE COOL THINGS HAPPEN AND I DONT EVEN CARE THAT CHALLACO IS FAR AWAY I AM GOING TO GO THERE EVERY DAY BECAUSE I THINK THAT'S WHERE THE LORD WANTS US TO GO

View from the bus


so there

also 

a fun story for the day

the other week we contacted somebody when we were buying fruits and veggies and when we asked for her address she says, 'I live in the río' [river] and we were like

'is that a place or a calle [street] or what'

and she says

'the río...? that goes under the puente [bridge], you know that río' 

and we were like

the... actual... río...? so we wrote it down and gave her our card and then we were riding over the puente one day and i looked out in the río and 

i saw it

i saw her home

it's a very interesting place let me tell you

it's like

open concept to the extreme because they love living with nature and stuff

it

was so interesting

so i was like 'hey Hna Petramalo do you want to go visit the lady that lives in the río?' and so then we turned off the road and rode as far as we could and then had to grab our bikes and climb down some rocks and over some sand dunes (the río is dry, i should mention that) and then we arrived

at the lady that lives in the río's house

and we taught her and her husband and her son and her three grandchildren and it was really interesting... quite... interesting

but we're going to go back to visit them on Thursday so i'll let you know more next week. they had never heard that Jesus Christ came here to the Americas, and were very interested in hearing about that and in reading the Book of Mormon and the mother really loves reading, so she said she would read the BoM and the Restoration pamphlet that we left to her husband and yeah

so that

so we're excited to see what happens with the people that live in the río :) 

and what else happened?

well, i'm officially really chilena

i can sit down and eat a whole bowl of tomatoes

and enjoy it

#waysthemissionhaschangedme

i can also make a variety of chilean dishes 

But anyway, I dont have any more time, but that was my week and I just have a testimony of Jesus Christ and of the love that God has for every single one of us. He loves us and that is why I preach the gospel. Because he doesnt just love me, or my family, or my friends, he loves EVERYBODY and everybody has worth and everybody deserves to live with Him again. And for that reason, I'm here to preach the gospel, even if 27 out of 30 contacts rejects me, I know that there is somebody that is ready to hear the gospel; somebody that I can help rescue. I LOVE THE GOSPEL SO MUCH and I Love my Savior and i love my family and i love the mission :) and these things i leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

now i gotta go CCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

P-Day travel with Hna Ferrin and Hna Schomburg


No comments:

Post a Comment