Tuesday, July 12, 2016

sharing time

Looking for investigators. :)


Well, this week has been an interesting week.

We were a little sick this week with a couple of things and so we were in the house for a real LONG TIME but it was okay because we used every minute we had outside the house to WORK WORK WORK. We found a bunch of new investigators and were able to invite them to baptism as well! We are hoping that everything goes well with them :)

but as usual, i've been thinking about something that i need to share with you all, something that has to do with sharing in and of itself.

Well, yesterday 

wait no

Sunday, I had the opportunity to give a talk in church! I was asked to speak on the blessings that we receive from sharing the gospel, so you can imagine that i may have been a little short on time in the end, but what i want to talk about is something that i did in my talk.

I'm a person that likes to share. I like to tell stories; I like to share specifically the story of my family and I have done so my whole mission. My companions all know it by heart by now as well, that we were inactive and then we came back and all the happiness and temple marriage and missions and just EVERYTHING but it is always interesting when i share my story with people, as well as when anybody else shares their story:

When we share our stories and personal experiences, it invites the Spirit, in every occasion. My momma told me that my poppi also shared his story on Sunday and sometimes, that is what makes all the difference. Especially as missionaries; many times everybody sees us as these perfect robot beings that have no problems and no past and are only here for a little bit to preach the gospel and then we just disappear into dust, but that is not the case!

Nor is it the case for ANY of us on the planet. We are all here with a common purpose; to go through our trial period and get experience, get a body, and live worthily to return with our Father in Heaven again. The things that we go through here are not just THINGS

they're not just obstacles

not just sidewalks that arent made right so there's a little lip that trips you up

the experiences that we have in this life are so that we LEARN. If we are not learning from what we are going through, it's like working without pay. And if we dont share what we have learned, it's like studying your whole life for a test that doesnt exist. 

What I'm trying to get at here people is that we are all brothers and sisters and we all need help and we have to share the experiences we have with our brothers and sisters so that they can learn as well! And so that hopefully they dont make the same mistakes that we made! 

Sometimes we are afraid to share, to open up and show the world that we are not perfect, but i've got news

we are NOT perfect

nobody

literally not a single one of us

so

stop pretending

hahaha, sometimes i catch myself pretending, but i dont need to. We never know when our testimony, when our experiences, are going to be just exactly what somebody else needs, but if we're not sharing them, we're not going to be helping anybody!

Of course, there is a time and place for everything. Sharing experiences doesnt necessarily mean sharing past transgressions or sharing regularly very spiritual experiences we have had; we must always follow the Spirit when we share our experiences, but we must always share them as well! Especially when we talk about the gospel.

I love telling the whole world about the blessings that the gospel has given me and my family, but if I didnt tell anybody, my job might be a lot harder and the people here might never want to have the gospel in their lives. 

Tell the world why you've been blessed by the gospel; show it on your face first of all; SMILE! Does the gospel really make you happy? Prove it! Be the type of person that makes people want to know Christ because they know you and the change He has made in your life. 

I love the gospel! I testify that it blesses families! And that the experiences we have here on the earth are all for a reason; God has a plan for every single one of us. He loves us and I testify of that. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is my Savior and Redeemer. And that I share in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I HAVE TO GO NOW BUT HAVE A GREAT WEEK I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you have decided that you are ready to meet with the missionaries and learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, CLICK HERE !  You'll be taken to an article with more information on how to meet the missionaries in your area.

**All of the photos are from last week's hermana activity climbing Cerro Renca.**













1 comment:

  1. Hermana Schomburg,
    I love your posts, your testimony and your heart!. So glad your wonderful mama shares them with me.
    Much love,
    Michele Ward (Sarah's mama)

    ReplyDelete