Thursday, July 21, 2016

converts baptizing converts

Always the happy hermanas.


I've been sitting here for like 5 minutes trying to think of a title for this email but I have NO CLUE what to call it so I'm gonna name it at the end :)

I have been thinking about a whole lot of things lately. Let's start with the funny things that happened throughout the week.

1) I was talking on the phone with an investigator asking her if she felt better (because she had been sick) but instead of asking her if she felt better, i got distracted watching a woman that entered the room where we were waiting and said 'está sintiéndose mujer?' 

i asked her if she felt like a woman 

2) we had intercambios and i went to Simón Bolívar and we taught a Haitian in English and Hna Garlock thought he was 35 and was teaching him how to say that in Spanish but he said 'THIRTY-FIVE? I'm not your dad' and it was just REAL funny 

he's 31

3) we saw some carabineros (policemen) go by in a car that had 8 carabineros in it

it was a 5 seat car and they were sitting on top of each other all with grumpy faces (specifically the grumpy face that Jeffrey makes)

Jeffrey's grumpy face

4) the same investigator that i asked if she felt like a woman got a dog that has the head of a pug and the body of a husky

I JUST CANT EVEN EXPLAIN TO YOU MY FEELINGS CONCERNING THAT DOG

---i just thought of the name of the email and it has to do with a few things: part 1) the other day we saw a pair of blind men walking together but one was leading the other and i just said in my mind 'the blind leading the blind' and chuckled to myself but actually it was so sweet <3 part 2) our convert Jean Marco baptized a convert of the other sisters in our ward on Sunday and it was so awesome and so amazing :D---



okay but anyway, let's talk a little bit more about things that matter a little bit more :)

This week was such a great week. It was just really great and we made a lot of progress and learned a lot of things. It's really quite interesting, the other day in our companionship inventory, I asked Hna García for suggestions to get better and she said 'but how am I supposed to tell you what to do? you're finishing your mission; you already do it all well'

and i was like 'no hahahaha there are SO many things i need to improve'

and then i started thinking more deeply about it and thinking about how it relates to my life in the long run and in the long run, we always will have something to improve. I thought i had weaknesses before the mission but something that i've realized in the mission is that i have WAY MORE WEAKNESSES THAN I THOUGHT but that's a good thing! because it means i've got nowhere to go but up! and it's the same for all of us and for our whole lives. sometimes we think that we are going to reach the point of perfection, but somebody once explained to me that perfection isnt a place you reach, perfection is an upward battle. Perfection is walking up a down escalator forever; there isnt a time when you get to rest or you'll start going down. that's how our progress goes in our lives and that's why it is so important to always be strong in the gospel; always be looking for the weaknesses that we have to make them strong. If we let ourselves idle for even a moment, we're going to start going backwards.

we shouldnt be afraid of weaknesses either; we learn from our weakness and as we learn, we are fulfilling our purpose here on the earth. Dont be afraid of not being perfect; nobody is perfect. 

The only person that has ever been perfect in the history of forever has been Jesus Christ and we can rest easy knowing that he was perfect so that we can make mistakes; it's okay to make mistakes and to not always be right. That's how we learn. And he will always be there to help us. I encourage you all to read Alma 7 to understand more the Atonement. 

I am so grateful to know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is my Savior. I know that He has restored his gospel and the only thing we have to do if we want to be happy is live by his principles! I love the gospel and I love my Savior and I testify of Him. And this iI leave in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I hope you all have a super wonderful week and that you always remember to spread the gospel and live the gospel! I LOVE YOU ALL TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK

CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment