Wednesday, December 2, 2015

La Tercera es la Vencida

for non-spanish speakers, that means

THE THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM

WHICH MEANS

THAT

*FREDO

GOT BAPTIZED

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO YAY 

We are SO HAPPY and so excited for the progress that he is making :) he gave his testimony right after and said that he is excited to start helping build up the church and help all of the people have more Christlike love <3 WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO YAYAYAY HAPPY BAPTISM

*Fredo's privacy is important and no disrespect is intended -
but I had to share these happy hermanas



And now, for other news also. 

Well, I will start from the beginning... if I can remember that far back. It's been so long since the last P-Day, for real, it is hard when one P-Day is on Monday and the next on the next Wednesday. It is a hard thing. We almost had to start eating the food from our emergency backpacks, haha, DON'T WORRY I'M FINE

but anyway

what happened on Monday?

I don't really remember. 

OH YEAH

on monday

hhahahahaha

on Monday we got back from all our P-Day fun and everything

and we didn't have electricity. 

Haha, it was way fun. We called the office and everything but the mission didn't have money for the moment because somebody had a really bad crash on their bike (somebody that was on the island so they had to transport him back and stuff) and we weren't going to get money to pay the bill until Wednesday. So we waited and waited and waited in the darkness for three days and then finally on Thursday, THERE WAS LIGHT

and that is what i was grateful on Thursday

Also, we put Tata with a baptismal date! He's going to get baptized on the 20th of December, si Dios quiere [if God wants]. His family is so big and active in the church and everything is so happy and cool now that he is going and wants to get baptized and it's just a miracle and he always tells us that it's never too late to change :) the bishop of another ward in our stake is one of his sons and talked with us the other day during a stake seminary graduation ceremony and just everything is miracles and happiness :) 

Then we had District Class (which is usually on Wednesdayon Friday and had a mini thanksgiving celebration. We had apple pie and i made funeral potatoes [i.e cheesy potatoes] (hahaha you all thought i didnt cook tricked ya) and there were other things but i forgot what. 

There was no turkey. But i bought turkey paté and it's almost the same

lol

that was a joke paté is not almost the same let me explain paté to you guys

okay, you know how like a sausage looks? like how they would draw sausages in a cartoon? it looks like that, but that's just the package the paté is inside. Paté is like... meat puree, hahahaha

it comes in many meats

and it's like a spread

and i was very skeptical in the beginning

by my boundaries have changed lol DONT WORRY I AM FINE

also friday night there was something called the Teletón happening and there was loud cueca music all night and my chilean companion taught me the cueca [Chilean national dance - a handkerchief dance]

i am officially as chilean as the porotos [this literally translates to 'beans'] now

also when we talk with Tata, he doesnt hear very well and it's hard for him to understand me, even though my accent is pretty good, so he's always shouting 'HABLA BIEN GRINGITA' and he calls me gringita always. But I don't think he really hates me because during the baptismal service of *Fredo, he said 'quiero que me bautice la gringita' which means 'i want the white girl to baptize me' but dont worry, we explained that that's not quite how things work

I've decided to make a new reality tv show called 'Teaching Tata' because it is actually the most entertaining thing of all time

AH YES AND NOW

to talk about what happened on Tuesday

yesterday

we had a conference and a member of the 70 [a member of the general church leadership], Elder Krasnoselsky (haha good luck with that) and we were told last P-Day through the mission news that we get every week that we all needed to dress nice and everything and prepare a 5 minute talk on how to be a successful missionary and that they would choose an elder and an hermana to talk when we got there and also the choir sang a number with a surprise violin (WE DID NOT PRACTICE WITH THE VIOLIN HE JUST SHOWED UP AND JUMPED IN WELCOME TO THE MISSION WE DO MUSICAL STUNTS) and so we sang and everything and i was assuming that they had already told the two that were going to talk that they were going to talk because they were SUPPOSEDLY going to tell them when they arrived

and then one of the assistents said

'and now we're going to hear two messages from two of you. we're going to hear from hermana...'

guess who it was

just guess

i just

just

i dont even

why even

why is it always me?

THIS IS LIKE THE FOURTH TIME

so I gave a talk on how to be a successful missionary (¿¿¿¿¿¿¿???????????) in our zone conference in front of a member of the 70 WELCOME TO THE MISSION WE DONT GIVE WARNINGS EVER

but it was great

Hermana Krasnoselsky talked with us about exact obedience and that the difference between even small things like waking up at 7:00 on point or 7:15 is the difference between obedience and disobedience. Her message was very powerful and I loved it :) Elder Krasnoselsky and Hermana and Presidente Videla also had really great messages. I love conferences :) I love this gospel; I love Jesus Christ so much <3 

AND I LOVE THE MISSION

if there is anybody reading this that is thinking 'i dont know if i should go on a mission but there is nothing stopping me from doing it except my own doubts'

DO NOT DOUBT

JUST DO IT

THE MISSION IS THE BEST

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

I LOVE ALL OF THIS SO SO SO SO SO MUCH AND I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE A MISSIONARY FOR THIS SHORT 18 MONTHS THAT I HAVE :) 

I hope that you are all doing super well and enjoying the snow (while I enjoy 90+/- degree weather hahahahaha) and the holidays and everything :) drive safe everybody and always take the Spirit with you :)

I LOVE YOU ALL BUT THAT'S ALL THE TIME I HAVE TODAY

CCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment