Tuesday, August 2, 2016

the good, the bad, and the cops

The district


Well.

There are so many things that have happened but let me start with the basics.

We didnt have cambios! So I'm still here with Hna García and in Compañía! HOWEVER, other people in the zone had cambios, for example, Hna Paulson needed a new companion to be the other hna lider because Hna Garlock left, so guess who my new hna lider is??

HERMANA CABRERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY FIRST BORN DAUGHTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR and we already have plans to go to Santa Lucia today hahahaha I'M SO HAPPY SERIOUSLY I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN

but she also told me of some sad news...

This last Saturday, Tata passed away :( I dont know exactly the details or what happened or anything, but Hna Cabrera told me that he had a headache or something so they went to the doctor and within an hour he had passed on. 

Hna Cabrera, Tata, Hna Schomburg
Tata's baptism 

It's been really interesting thinking about it more because i dont really feel that sad... not in a bad heartless way, but I know with all my heart that I'm going to see him again, and more importantly that all of his family is going to be with him eternally and I have no doubt in my mind that his father (earthly father i'm saying) received him with open arms when he arrived, just like he always said he wanted :) so, it's okay. The plan of salvation really is real and true and the plan that God made for us all and because of that plan, we dont have to worry about what happens after this life; if we're going to see our loved ones again; where we're going to be or what we're going to be doing. In the scriptures we can read about the plan and know that it is true. It saddens me that he was not able to get sealed to his wife and children while he was here on the earth, but one year from now he will be able to! And everything that is sealed here on earth is sealed in heaven, sooooo, it's all good :) 

changing a little bit the topic......

this week has been real good and we did stuff :) on Friday we had the chance to go on divisions with the hermanas that are finishing their training in the MTC and it was really great! I went with Hermana Guzman from Nicaragua! It was way fun and I started remembering all the funness of the CCM and everything... oh how time passes... :o



And then what else... I dont even remember... On Sunday everybody was celebrating the independence day of Perú so there were a WHOLE LOT of carabineros around because everybody was partying and stuff but we went to have a lesson in Plaza de Armas and we were sitting there talking about the gospel and stuff when two carabineros passed by and one of them stopped and i was watching him from the corner of my eye because i was talking but like 

i dunno

the carabineros kinda intimidate me 

but anyway so he points at my companion and motions for her to go over

and we're like

*heavy breathing* [WHAT IS HAPPEN] 

and he does it again and she's like 'me???' and he says yes so my companion stands up and i stand up with her and he says to me 'not you, only her' 

and i was like

'listen mister, we are MISSIONARIES and we ALWAYS STAY TOGETHER' (but without the 'listen mister' part, that was only in my mind)

so he was like 'well then come over both of you'

and i'm like freaking out in my mind cos like

I DUNNO

YOU KNOW HOW YOU'RE INNOCENT AND EVERYTHING BUT IT DOESNT MATTER IF A COP CALLS YOU OVER YOU PANIC AND START TO THINK OF ALL THE THINGS YOUVE EVER DONE LIKE WHEN YOU MISSED THE TRASHCAN THROWING AWAY GARBAGE IN THE STREET AND ALSO YOU JUST FEEL MORE VULNERABLE BECAUSE YOURE A FOREIGNER AND STUFF 

and he pulls us away a little bit from the investigator and the member that we were with and he says all quiet and secret 'do you know who that man is?'

and so we immediately are thinking 'WELL I MEAN I THOUGHT I KNEW WHO HE WAS BUT I DONT REALLY KNOW' like thinking that the carabinero said it as in the investigator was wanted or something 

but in the end he told us that he just wanted to know because there's a lot of weirdies that hang around plaza de armas and they like to rob 'religious people' (carabinero's words) like us so we told him that we knew him and stuff and he told us to be careful and not talk to strangers

we decided not to explain to him that that's our job

but so that was fun :) it's the little things that spice up the life of a missionary

Hna Schomburg with the carabineros in April 2016

to be honest about the cambio situation, i was really confused (and am still slightly confused) about why i didnt have any cambio... but it makes me want to work even harder to figure out what it is that the Lord needs me to do or to learn in this sector and with Hna García. I'm grateful to have some more time to be able to reap the fruits of what we've been sewing because i was thinking i wasnt going to be able to :) so it's all good and it's all happy and just yes :) 

I know that this gospel is true and that we get much more joy out of it sharing it than keeping it a secret. I am grateful to be a missionary and to be in this mission and sector and with Hna García; this cambio is going to bring a lot of miracles, i can feel it in mah bones :) I know Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and that he loves us SO MUCH; every single one of us. In his holy name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

sorry this is so short and not that full of cool things; i'm just feelin real tranquila and peaceful and stuff and i dunno, dont have so much to say, but i'll have more to say next week, i'm sure of it :) 

I LOVE YOU ALL REMEMBER TO READ YOUR SCRIPTURES AND PRAY AND REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE BE HOME BEFOREMIDNIGHT 

CCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO




No comments:

Post a Comment