Wednesday, August 19, 2015

PIES [feet]

This is a pre-mission photo but
since she forgot her camera cord again
you get one of my favorite photos of
Hermana Mather (mentioned below)
and Hermana Schomburg

WELL, okay, so, I have a few things that happened this week.

Don't freak out... but...

I had to go...

to...

the medico.

Obviously it's nothing grave or you would have heard something earlier, I imagine, but I have been having some problems with my feet lately... as in... thEY HURT SO BAD but I mean, we walk a lot, and it happens to a lot of missionaries, all that, we're working on fixing the problem, no se preocupen, todo está bien [do not worry, all is well]. So, let's do a day by day

1) Monday: P-Day! I don't remember what we did haha

2) Tuesday: OH YEAH, I COMPLETED 5 MONTHS WHOA I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR FIVE MONTHS?????? literally what even this is so crazy what EVEN (also happy birthday shout out to Hermana Mather <3) 

(just realized i was numbering the days also and that doesnt make ANY sense haha sorry lol okay anyway)

Wednesday: We have our district class every Wednesday, so we did that and it was SUPER cool and gr8 and also

OH YEAH THIS PART IS

OH DARNIT

I DON'T HAVE THE PICTURES

WEDNESDAY WAS ELDER ADCOCK'S BIRTHDAY SO WE MADE HIM A CAKE AND IT WAS SO PRETTY MOM MOM MOM I MADE A CAKE I MADE A WHOLE CAKE AND IT WAS ACTUALLY SO CUTE I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU GUYS I MADE THE BEST CAKE well okay the best cake possible seeing as I am in chile and things are different here (also our oven is JUST LIKE I DON'T KNOW IT IS REALLY STRONG REALLY FUERTE NUESTRO HORNO PROBABLEMENTE ES UN PORTAL AL INFIERNO NO ESTOY SEGURA QUÉ PASÓ [PROBABLY OUR STRONG OVEN IS A PORTAL TO HELL I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED] JUST ONE DAY IT STARTED BEING SO SO SO SO STRONG AND WE CAN'T GET IT TO CALM DOWN) but anyway you should all be proud of me. I am proud of me. 

Thursdayon thursday we had a lesson with a woman that thinks that all gringos are extraterrestrials. 

I didn't know how to tell her that she was absolutely right, didn't want to scare her...

FridayOn Friday we went to the doctor! Woohoo! And it was quite interesting because the foot doctor is from here in Santiago and speaks only spanish and the other doctors (a pair of missionaries that are married i dont know what the term is in english) are from Utah and only speak english, so, we had to translate what the foot doctor was saying to the regular doctor so they could get me a perscription and stuff and it was quite an experience. I had to explain my problem in english and I almost couldnt... I know that sounds weird because I am writing just fine in english right now but we are ALWAYS talking in spanish to the point that now english feels weird in my mouth, like... i cant get the words to come out... it's easier with a british accent but still... speaking english is so strange

what even is english

who knows

but anyway, so we did that and it was really great and tomorrow we're going to get some super special  (shoe inserts... is that what they are called??) [orthotics] made to fit my foot and it's going to be super great and just don't even worry about it for one second because it's all great 

so that

also had coordination with our mission leader and a whole bunch of the elders from the office and we were having once as well (like dinner but at any hour) and we had completos and Elder Vizcarra (who is from Peru [they like ají {which is like spicy pepper cosas}]) ate so much ají that he started crying real tears and it was all good fun 

Saturdayon saturday... i dont remember what we did on saturday... probably something... haha yeah i dont remember #missionlife

Sunday: OKAY WHOA OKAY SO SUNDAY WAS SO JAM PACKED FULL OF THINGS SO MANY THINGS

So, actually, some of the things are a bit macabre but also just... the truth. It's all what happened.  So, we show up at church and first actually, we have a new pair of missionaries that are married in the office and they are from utah and dont speak spanish so hermana ferrin and i had to translate with them and their bishop also so that was fun, then we went to relief society and in the middle of the meeting, the bishop and some other people showed up and were telling us that we needed to move the chairs and stuff and so we ended the meeting really fast and then everybody was standing on the sides of the room and one of the sisters told me that i needed to lead them in a hymn so i started leading us in a hymn not knowing at all what was happening (but it wasnt just us, nobody knew what was happening except like three people and they werent saying anything) and so we were singing and then DE REPENTE (all of a sudden) ALL THESE BROTHERS CAME UP THE STAIRS WITH A CASKET AND WE HAD AN IMPROV FUNERAL

DIED YESTERDAY AND WE HAD THE FUNERAL YESTERDAY

IT WAS SO WEIRD

AND THEN WE WERE LIKE 'do you want us to round up all the people and have them come up here?' (we have two floors in our building; the chapel and cultural hall are upstairs and the rest of the classrooms downstairs and we were having relief society in the cultural hall) AND THEY TOLD US 'no, the classes are going on as normal' AND THEY HAD THIS CASKET IN THERE ALL DURING SUNDAY SCHOOL JUST

HANGING OUT

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO THINK

IT WAS SO STRANGE ALL OF IT

and we had to teach gospel principles, so we taught gospel principles and it was just all really crazy...

but our lesson went well. We taught about the obra misional [missionary work] (hahaha) and we used an example with brownies (everybody loves my brownies let me tell you) and I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT NEXT TIME BECAUSE IT WAS REALLY COOL BUT I DNOT HAVE ANY MORE TIME but yeah just know that 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THE CHURCH IS TRUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE JESUS LOVES US AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

CCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment