Tuesday, July 14, 2015

i wasn't kidding about the cardboard cutout

[at the wedding]

Andrew has to dance with it too.

also, I apologize way way way in advance, I forgot to bring my camera with me... so... even though we did a heck of a lot of things this week for which I have pictures, you don't get to see them until next week! Haha! 

Okay, SOOOOOOOoooo















cambios [changes/transfers]






















I have so many things to say and therefore, I am going to say them. 

So, we got a call from Elder Norried (our district leader) on Friday and he told us he had cambio news and that.... HERMANA RHOADS AND I WERE STAYING TOGETHER IN THE SECTOR FOR ANOTHER CAMBIO so we were just SO excited and happy and started making plans AL TIRO (right away) for all of our P-Days and all the stuff we still needed to do and stuff and we went to church yesterday and all that and made some appointments and all that good stuff, and confidently told everybody, 'No need to worry or be sad because both of us are staying!' and then

haha

last night (late) as in we had already planned for the next day...

Elder Adcock calls.

And we didn't really think anything of it at first because we were blowing bubbles or something and then Elder Adcock goes, 'Hermana Rhoads, pack you bags!'

and

so

uh








yeah she packed her bags and this morning we went to the transfer meeting and basically we just traded companions with one of the other wards. 

And I am still in a little bit of shock because, well, it was completely unexpected. But, that is not to say that I am not excited to be working with my new companion, Hermana F! She is from Massachusetts... and that is all I have discovered as of yet because we came straight here to write after the transfer meeting (since the transfer meeting is in the office and our sector has the office in it)... so, I will tell you more about her next week ;) 

I am, however, KIND OF FREAKING OUT BECAUSE THIS MEANS THAT NOW I AM COMPAÑERA MAYOR AND I HAVE TO LEAD THE SECTOR BUT I AM STILL JUST A YOUTH WH

HOW

I

I AM JUST A YOUTH CAN I EVEN LEAD A SECTOR CAN I EVEN DO THAT?

I hope so.

OJALÁ [hopefully]

But anyway, THAT. 











AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Alright, what else has happened that I need to mention?

I don't have my planner from the last transfer with me so I cannot remember a single thing at all ever. And there were funny things written in there, I know there were.

Pucha...

um...

Well, we went to a place called Quinta Normal for our P-Day last Tuesday and it was really cool and we rode around in pedal boats and had a race and then we went to an outdoor train muesum where there were just so many trains everywhere and then Hna Rhoads and I took a detour and went to the National Museum of Chile and took pictures with some French people and learned more about the Mapuche and all the special things about Chile and it was SUPER COOL.  [The Mapuche are a group of indigenous inhabitants of south-central Chile and southwestern Argentina.]

What else happened.... hmm... the pensionista referred to me as 'Hermana Flaite' and to be honest I really don't know why because I do not talk flaite nor do I look flaite AT ALL. [Flaite = ghetto]

Did I mention that the other day Du Hast was playing in a store and I was jokingly mouthing the words at Hermana Rhoads because she had never heard it and she thought I was crazy because I knew it and then the store manager came up to me and asked if I was German and started trying to make me speak in German and didn't believe that I wasn't German because of my name? because that happened

also, most people that meet me think I'm German right off the bat. And... so... that...

ALSO SPEAKING OF MUSIC

WE WERE VISITING AN INVESTIGATOR A FEW DAYS AGO AND 'TIME IN A BOTTLE' STARTED PLAYING IN THE RESTAURANT WHERE SHE WORKS AND IT WAS SO CRAZY

Also, people here really like 90s music. We hear a lot of Britney and Backstreet Boys at any given moment. 

This email is so very scattered, but that is kind of how I am feeling right now.

Yesterday the lights went out in half of our sector in the night so we were in the dark and it was raining and so we spent some time at a member's house talking and stuff and I don't think I've mentioned this family before and I can't believe that I haven't, but the V family is the ACTUAL BEST FAMILY. Oh wait, I mentioned when Hna V said 'arms up' but anyway, they are the best. They are so cool. They always have a little pancito or tecito or whatever and they're just really super dooper cool. 

BUT ANYWAY, I HAVE GOT TO GO BUT I LOVE YOU ALL AND I PROMISE I WILL WRITE MORE PEOPLE NEXT WEEK: WE'RE KINDA LIMITED ON TIME TODAY BUT YEAH OKAY ANYWAY I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH AND I WILL HAVE 40000 COSAS TO TELL YOU NEXT WEEK I AM SURE

BESITOS <3 <3 <3 <3

CCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment