Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Don't Let the Mayo Side of the Cheese Hit the Ground

I probably used this photo before, but you can hardly have
an Hermana Schomburg blog post without photos!


So, this week.

I don't have any pictures at all and I'm not sure I really have a good reason for that... at all... except that... I don't know, I think I've crossed over a bridge from thinking, 'OH MY GOSH I NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT AND THAT AND THAT AND THAT AND THAT AND THAT AND THAT AND THAT' to thinking, 'OH MY GOSH WE HAVE TO BE ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SECTOR IN FOUR MINUTES AND MY BIP ISN'T CHARGED AND I AM GOING TO BAPTIZE LITERALLY EVERYBODY I SEE' so that.

It also may have something to do with the fact that I may or may not have misplaced my camera but I am not sure because I haven't looked for it #schroedingerscamera 

OKAY, so let me tell you a little bit about this week.

We had transfers today!

I didn't go anywhere. Estoy aquí con mi entrenadora todavía. [I'm here with my coach still.] And also all the rest of the hermanas in our zone... which is slightly odd... slightly a lot... but anyway, we're just hangin out. And we went to the transfer meeting for a bit this morning (since it's at the office) so that Hermana Rhoads could talk to her friends and I could stand there looking at the BILLIONS OF MISSIONARIES. There are so many. 12 at least. 

[For those of you who are not familiar with LDS missions, every 6 weeks, missionaries can be transferred to a new area within their mission and will be paired with a new companion if they are moved.  It is a very exciting time although the thought of change can be a bit worrisome as well.  So when Hermana Schomburg refers to "transfers" or "cambios,' that is to what she is referring.]

Hmm... what did I even do last week? I have a new planner and now I feel lost. What did I do? Where did we go? What even is happening? Where am I?

Who even knows.

Well, this week was kind of a weirdly somber week because a whole bunch of people from the office are finishing up and heading home (and our zone leader as well), so that happened. S/O to them for bein rad missionaries *follow ur dreams* 

OKAY what else?

This is a problem, I hope I get it together soon or this is gonna be a boring email.

Well, last Monday we went to a magical place called 'Mall Plaza Norte' and it was quite magical. WE FOUND AN OFFICE SUPPLIES STORE THAT SOLD THE CUTEST NOTEBOOKS AND THINGS AND I JUST

I LOVE OFFICE SUPPLIES SO MUCH

I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BOUGHT A COUPLE OF NOTEBOOKS AND ONE OF THEM MAY OR MAY NOT BE FULL OF LIKE NATURAL PAPER AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SO BORING BUT IT'S NOT OKAY TÓMELO EN SERIO [TAKE IT SERIOUSLY] BECAUSE IT MATTERS

Then, on Tuesday (I think who knows I don't have my other agenda) we had a billion lessons and I did a thing

I DID A THING

I DID THE BOOP

We were in a lesson and it was all going really awesome and stuff and then it got the point where the Spirit was like, 'okay now this is the part where you invite her to baptism' and I SORT OF SEIZED UP A LITTLE BIT INSIDE BECAUSE I WASN'T SURE HOW TO EXPLAIN IT AND SAY IT SPECIFIC TO HER NEEDS

but then I remembered how we're just supposed to open our mouths and they will be filled

and so

I opened my mouth

and I don't remember literally a word of what I said, but I know it ended with, '¿Seguirá el ejemplo de Jesucristo y ser bautizado?' [Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?]

AND I WAS SO AFRAID

AND SHE JUST LOOKED AT ME FOR A SECOND

AND THEN
 
SHE WAS LIKE

'¡Sí, por supuesto!' [Yes! Of course!] and theN I JUMPED UP AND RAN DOWN THE HALLWAY AND DID A DOUBLE BACKFLIP OFF THE ROOF AND LANDED ON TOP OF A MICRO AND RODE IT INTO THE BLAZING PINK SMOGGY SUNSET 

so that happened :)

I'm a little bit happy. 

Just a little bit. 

So we now have two investigators con fecha [with baptismal dates] and I am SO EXCITED TO CONTINUE TEACHING THEM

What else... well, we have been working with a lot of menos activos [less active members] lately and that has been really cool and I am strangely grateful to have been out of the church for so long because I can totally one hundred percent understand the people we work with. I've been able to share our family story with a lot of people and I know that right now I am definitely in this area to help the menos activos. Unfortunately, they don't count very much toward the numbers, but that matters SO LITTLE that it's just not even a thing. They count in God's numbers and that's all that matters :) 

But anyway... I feel like there were these funny things that happened this week that I now can't remember at all but they were so funny and I just know it... I just know they were funny... 

Well, for one, let me tell you a story of the other day.

The other day, Hermana Rhoads and I were walking along after having just conversed for a bit with a menos activo in the street and she was calling another menos activo to make an appointment when she stopped to write. So I was standing there by her and then this group of three people walked past us and the man came up really close to me and said, 'Open backpack' (in English) and sO I IMMEDIATELY WENT INTO GETTING ROBBED MODE AND MY BRAIN WAS GOING A MILLION MILES AN HOUR BUT I WAS A LITTLE CONFUSED BECAUSE HE SAID IT KIND OF HESITANTLY AND I JUST REMEMBERED THINKING 'sir is this your first robbing because you're doing it wrong' AND THEN I WAS TRYING TO GET HERMANA RHOADS' ATTENTION BECAUSE DANG IT I HAVE BEEN ROBBED TWO TOO MANY TIMES AND I IMMEDIATELY JUST SAID, 'Uh, no' AND THEN HE STARTED TO REACH FOR MY BACKPACK AND WAS LIKE 'open backpack' AND SO I STEPPED AWAY AND HERMANA RHOADS HUNG UP ON OUR MENOS ACTIVO AND I WAS LIKE 'No,' AGAIN AND HE KEPT REACHING AND THEN HE GLANCED BACK AT THE OTHER WOMEN THAT WERE THERE AND ONE OF THEM WAS LIKE 'Tu mochila está abierto' [Your bag is open] AND HERMAna Rhoads looked and my backpack was just open and then they started walking away and I felt embarrassed for a minute but daNG IT I HAVE BEEN ROBBED TWICE ALREADY OKAY PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR ENGLISH I KNOW I AM TALL, PALE, AND FABULOUS, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT KNOW THE SPANISH ALRIGHT WOW woW WOw

So that happened. 

But to be completely honest, this week was just really quite slow. A whole heck of a lot of our appointments cancelled on us, so that was hecka difficult. Also just... life. Tiredness. Also being completely afraid the entire week for cambios [changes] to come... 

I have the tired. So many of the tired. 

But a good type of tired. The type of tired where you know you're doing good things and you just kinda want to keep doing good things for all of your life and just be awesome and just help people and hike large hills and walk 50 minutes to reach the other side of your sector and just do all the things even though you are super tired. 

I just love it :) love it a whole lot. 

But anyway, I don't really have anything else to say, so I think I'll let you all go now.

Much love to all of you and a billion saluds! 

CCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-Hermana Schomburg

P.S. Oh yeah, I didn't explain my title. What happened was, one day we were having cheese on crackers and then I remembered that when I was little I liked putting mayo on it too (and also mayo is HUGE here, don't remember if I ever said that) and so we started doing that but then we ran out of crackers and so we just had cheese with mayo on it and then

Hermana Rhoads dropped one

mayo side down

a tragedy

ALSO A QUICK SHOUTOUT TO LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE BECAUSE I DIDN'T EMAIL ANYBODY ELSE I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON I EVEN GOT MAD AT ANDREW AND JEFFREY FOR NOT EMAILING ME AND SENT THEM REMINDER EMAILS OH NO I AM A HYPOCRITE PLEASE DON'T HATE ME I NEED TO PRINT OUT ALL YOUR EMAILS AND READ THEM AGAIN AND RESPOND NEXT TIME I AM SORRY I LOVE YOU ALL BUT ALSO I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON

also so quick

WE SOLVED A MYSTERY THE NIGHT BEFORE LAST

there kept getting all these things in my tights, these little cosas [things/stuff] that we didn't know what they were but they would work their way down my tights and bug the heck out of me so we were extracting them by stretching my tights and it was SO ANNOYING BUT THEY WERE ALL THE SAME COSA AND WE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING BUT THEN WE STARTED FINDING THEM ON HNA RHOADS' BED TOO AND WE WERE LIKE 'it's bugs

we know it

it's bug babies' 

but then

we did an investigation

and dissected it

and used our magnifying glasses (lol since we both have one lol haha yeah that)

and it looked like a seed

and then

we examined the raspberry jam

AND THEY WERE RASPBERRY COSAS

RASPBERRY JAM COSAS EVERYWHERE

we don't know why they're everywhere but they are ALL OVER OUR APARTMENT

EVERYWHERE

THE RASPBERRY COSAS

that'll be part two: finding out why the raspberry cosas are everywhere

anyway

ciao <3


No comments:

Post a Comment