Tuesday, June 9, 2015

12


HELLO NOTHING HAPPENED THIS WEEK SORRY HAHA 

Well, okay, so here's what happened, summed up very quickly because I don't have a whole heck of a lot of time

1) Literally every single appointment we had scheduled this week cancelled except for one. Literally. Every. Single. One. 

2) Hermana Rhoads got sick this week and we were in the house for two days. TWO.

3) really, nothing else happened. Nothing at all. I literally cannot think of another thing that happened.

OH WAIT 

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

I made

cream cheese mints

and

BROWNIES

while Hna Rhoads was in reposo [repose - rest, sleep]

i made two batches of brownies: the first was just normal brownies (BUT ACTUALLY THEY WEREN'T NORMAL BECAUSE I'M IN CHILE AND WE'RE AT A DIFFERENT ELEVATION AND THEY RROOSSEE AND PUFFED UP LITERALLY WHAT THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE THEY WERE CAKEY MOTHER THEY WERE CAKEY BROWNIES) but the second... oh the second batch. We gave the first batch to the elders in the office but we kept the second batch because let's be honest, the first was just a test run (sorry not sorry) but the second...

half the pan we filled with brownie batter and also....


MANJAR [delicacy - seriously I have no idea what it might have been]

and the other half we filled with brownie batter and also....








OREOS

and they were quite magical. 

ALSO, okay, so, we do this thing at my house where if you start coughing or choking or something, we always say, 'Arms up!' and that's just the thing and that's our thing and we do that thing

and yesterday

we were having lunch with our ward mission leader (the V family is the ACTUAL GREATEST) and I started choking on my spit (what's new) and Hna V was like, '¡Levanta tus manos!' WHICH IS SPANISH FOR 'RAISE YOUR HANDS' WHICH IS BASICALLY 'ARMS UP' AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF FOR A LONG TIME BECAUSE I WAS CONFUSED AND

SHE

SHE SAID THE BOOP

I'M IN CHILE

AND HERMANA V CHANNELED MY MOTHER

FROM 5000 MILES AWAY

It was like a weird out of body experience.

It was so weird.

IT WAS SO WEIRD.

also I found my camera

it was literally in my bag the entire time haha whoops

The opposite extremes of the sector -
a little street thing in the middle of the "neighborhood"
and
the pretty view from the top of a hill
Hermana Schomburg covers it all


but anyway, I have questions to answer now!

One of our investigators is set to be baptized on poppi's birthday (hehe) and the other a week later, but we'll probably have to scoot them back because they haven't been able to make it to church yet (oof). 

Best and worst of this week? Best was probably... INITIATING THINGS BECAUSE I'M SUPPOSED TO LEAD THE SECTOR THIS TRANSFER SINCE TRAINING AND ALL THAT AND IT IS HARD TO INITIATE THINGS BUT THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT MY FAVORITE and my worst... was probably... not feeling like I'm making a lot of a difference and being a bit frustrated with citas [appointments] falling through... :S

also I should clarify something:

Hna Rhoads and I use the number 12 as an extreme exaggeration. It's just funnier when you say, 'There wERE SO MANY PIGEONS THERE WERE LIKE.... 12' because 12 is not a very big number, but we use it to signify a lot of something. Or sometimes if something was 12 hard to do, that's pretty much as hard as it gets. So, when I say there were 12 people at the transfer meeting, I mean that there were like 60. I don't remember how big my mission is person wise... I think somebody once used the number 200ish but I have no clue if that is anywhere near the ballpark or if I've started playing on the football field if you're picking up what I'm putting down

Geographically? I think I heard somebody say that my mission is one of the smallest in the world compared to Antofagasta which is one of the largest... but I might be making that up. Literally don't trust a word I say because I actually have NO CLUE WHERE I AM OR WHAT'S HAPPENING DON'T WORRY MOM I'M OKAY 

:)

and I also don't know what the Latino: North American ratio is... my companion is North American and so am I. So far that's 0: 2

(there are 6 Latinos in my zone, I believe and there are 9 companionships, so that is sort of a small number I am thinking, but I don't know what it's like in the rest of the mission. All three of our asistentes (there are three now because two are going home this transfer) are North American but one looks kind of Latino haha yeah uh I don't know I am sorry)

BUT ANYWAY I HAVE GOTTA GO but everybody have a good week and all that stuff please remember to write

please

PLEASE WRITE ME

please

CCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hermana Schomburg hadn't actually seen the mountains until this past week
because the smog has been so bad
She said, "GUESS WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THOSE MOUNTAINS!
ARGENTINA!!
HOLY CANNOLI
They finally peeked out from their hiding place and THEY'RE SO PRETTY"


"So many lights at the nightime because surprise I am in the city
I am a city girl now watch out"

"Fabric with planes and plane words that remind me of poppi"
[poppi is what she calls her dad]
"i bought it and made a skirt"

No comments:

Post a Comment