Monday, October 12, 2015

literally I SPEAK SPANISH



one of my pet peeves that i REALLY need to get over is that everybody EVERYBODY EVERYBODY assumes immediately that i dont speak spanish because i am a gringa

but they are wrong

sometimes they even assume that because i am a gringa i am not all that smart

BUT I AM BILINGUAL YOU POOPS

do not worry

i am working on it

i am making it better

i am calm

I only say that because this week i had the privilege to work for a couple of days with a group of Latino missionaries that just recently left the CCM and almost EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM doubted my abilities from the very beginning, but, in their defense, they did just leave the CCM and none of the gringos there speaks spanish

none

i thought that i did

but i was wrong lol

but anyway

that kind of has been giving me a weird new perspective this week

i thought that once i had learned spanish and could speak it well and understand well and all of that that people would stop asking me if i spoke spanish or stop assuming that i dont and start talking to my companion instead, but i was wrong

i was so wrong

and that made me think of my struggles with that, as a metaphor of life

sometimes we think 'well, when i know this or when i have this or when i go to this place, then i'll be happy, then i'll be complete'

but that is not how life works. 

Life is always ALWAYS changing: everything around us, and if we spend all our time waiting for some moment to be happy, we are NEVER GOING TO BE HAPPY. There are so many things happening in the world; nothing nothing nothing is secure. Anything could happen at any time to everything that is around us; everything we know.

And for that reason, we need to be able to find the one thing in this life that is secure. We need to base our lives in Christ. It is ONLY through Him and through His gospel that we will be able to find peace and happiness in this life, and better yet, when we are firm in the gospel and in our faith, we really can find happiness in any moment. We dont have to wait until people stop treating us like we dont speak spanish, we dont have to wait until we've bought a new car or house or yacht, we dont have to wait to be happy, and we dont need things to be happy. 

God has a plan for us; a plan of happiness! This earth, this life, everything that we experience is all to help us be happy! The happiness is everywhere, but we're all too busy looking for it that we dont realize that it's right under our noses. Base your life on Christ and I promise that you will find the happiness that you are looking for. Base your life on Christ and the trials and difficulties that come (because they will come) won't shake you so much. Base your life on Christ and experience blessings you've never imagined. 

I love this gospel so much! I love being a missionary! I love Jesus! I love being a member of his restored Church! And I testify of his church and of his glory and especially of his gospel. 

And that I leave in his sacred name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

BUT ALSO LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING REAL FAST haha cos i'm almost out of time

so i'm TRAINING

my companion is Hermana Cabrera and she's from Los Angeles... CHILE!!! My companion is a wonderful little chilean and I love her SO MUCH :) 

BUT I HAVE TO GO AHH SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY FUN STORIES FOR YOU ALL THIS WEEK SORRY SORRY LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK CCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment