Thursday, April 23, 2015

Citizens of Santiago... SHE HAS ARRIVED!!!



The arriving missionaries
4-21-15

[This blog post has been pieced together from two different e-mails and a scanned, handwritten letter which we received from the mission office on Tuesday afternoon when Hermana Schomburg left the Chile CCM and arrived in her mission - Chile Santiago North.  She is happy and excited to serve!]
 
"It was a great pleasure to welcome your daughter to our mission.  She arrived safely, is enthusiastic, and anxious to begin missionary work here in the Chile Santiago North mission.  I have interviewed her carefully and find her well prepared, with a strong testimony, and a good beginning foundation in the Spanish language.  I feel honored to be her mission president and know that the Lord has prepared many people here to receive the testimony of the restoration she bears.   Sister Videla and I will treat her as our own daughter."  - President Rene O. Videla 

The arriving missionaries with Hermana and President Videla


[The next paragraphs are taken from the letter that Herman Schomburg wrote upon her arrival at the mission office.]

I have been thinking a lot on why I came on a mission; why I decided I needed to do this because that is usually everybody's first question, and for a long time I answered that I wanted to share my testimony and joy, which is true, but I think the reason is deeper, too.  I never decided I needed to go on a mission; I think and believe that that decision was made long before I came to this earth. [See God's Plan of Salvation for more information.]  My decision to come was more of a knowledge that it was going to happen. My decision has been to accept and act upon my calling and to love it more than I've ever loved anything. The fact that I needed to come on a mission was just that: a fact. I just had to discover my own 'why.' I don't think any of this probably makes sense now that it's on paper, but it makes sense in my head so I'm sticking to it.  And either way, I am more than excited to be serving a mission. I owe everything I have to this gospel and to Dios y Jesucristo. The least I can do is to serve them through their people for a short 18 months. 

[And in typical Hermana Schomburg style...] 

I will (most likely) send photos and more information next week (like who my trainer is and where I actually physically am) and more fun stories.  For now just know that when I blew my nose after being on the subway and bus there and back, my snot was black. BLACK! There's an image for you. :D Ciao for now. I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN WORDS!!

Until we meet again,
Hermana Schomburg

Hermana Schomburg and her trainer Hermana Rhoads

No comments:

Post a Comment